Monday, May 21, 2012

Exploring DC

Sunday was a gorgeous day and I really didn't have much to do except for a few errands. I decided to take advantage of the time and go exploring around town by bike. Let me just say that joining Capital Bike Share was a brilliant decision and I highly recommend to anyone living in DC without a car. And yes, I am that dork with a bright pink helmet! 

My first stop was the National Sculpture Garden. I brought a book along and sat by the fountain sunning myself. It must be tourist season here because the National Mall was packed with people and graduates in cap and gown, and the double decker tour buses were out in full force clogging up traffic. 





Next was a quick trip to the National Archives Museum on my way to grab a bike home. Said hello to the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. Ya know, just an average Sunday. 





I felt a little guilty knowing Rusty was inside all day and not getting to enjoy the beautiful weather. I picked up the poodle and we spent an hour or so lounging at Meridian Hill Park. 

You never know what you're going to see when you come to this park. Tightrope walkers, hula hoppers, yogis and you may even catch a few arrests! Yup, saw some dude getting hauled away in a cop car for what I assume was selling or possessing illegal drugs...but that's just my speculation. Nonetheless, we had a good time and met some new friends. 


The day ended with dinner at Lauriol Plaza but of course the restaurant had a ridiculously long hour and a half wait so we walked across the street to find $2.50 sake and Kirin Light. Not a bad day at all!




No comments:

Post a Comment