Thursday, August 4, 2011

Soul Fest at The Stage

Last Saturday night we got a group of friends together to check out the 1st Annual Soul Fest Weekend at The Stage. LEBO was there doing live painting, Michael's Genuine was set-up serving grub (heard the fried chicken was incredible but I refrained from indulging) and Stokeswood went on around 12 and had us dancing till about 2.

It was such a fun night and a great way to spend my second to last weekend living in Miami. Yes, you heard that right. I'll be leaving the city that I grew up in a for a crazy, wonderful, exciting new adventure in Washington, DC. My roots are in South Florida and of course I'll be back often. But I've never lived outside of Florida and I'm really looking forward to a new city with all new people, places and things. Don't worry, Live Laugh Snap will continue; however, there will be a change of scenery.

So without further adieu, here are some funky pics I snapped of Stokeswood's Megg Serrano jamin' on the tamborine. Hope The Stage does this again next year. Just the type of thing Miami needs more of.




1 comment:

  1. Hi, Amanda! In an odd coincidence, I'm leaving for DC a week after you, and spending most of my life in Florida. (http://hiddencity.net/blog/now-face-north/)

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete