Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Just Gone Thrifting

All these fashion blogs I read (guilty pleasure) are constantly posting photos of cool things they find "thirifting." Granted, there is nothing in South Florida like the Brooklyn Flea but I decided there must be  one or two places around town with hidden gems. So last weekend when I was in Boca I recruited my mom to help scour a few second hand shops. Knew she would be down to put her bargain shopping skills to work. It was a Sunday so not a whole lot was open but we were able to find this one shopping center with four different stores. At the JCC Thrift Shop, I discovered this for $5! Wasn't really sure what to do with it at first but after a few coats of gold spray paint (it was an ugly green) and a couple bamboo sticks from the dollar store - voilĂ ! Good luck all year round.



No comments:

Post a Comment