Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Austin Comes to D.C.

The great folks at the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau invited Live Laugh Snap to the Gibson Guitar Showroom for the Austin Airstream Road Tour. As soon the invite appeared in my inbox, I knew it wasn’t going to be hard to convince a couple of the guys to tag along.

We drank Shiner Bock, ate Texas BBQ, toured the 1970s fully decked-out RV, drooled over one-of-a-kind guitars, and had front row seats to the Austin-based Marshall Ford Duo. Not bad for a weeknight! Otherwise known as the Live Music Capital of the World, Austin is definitely on my cities-I-must-visit list. I almost went last month to celebrate a girlfriend’s birthday, but couldn’t splurge for the $600 plane ticket. That’s ok though, now that I’ve had a small taste, it won’t be long until a trip is planned! Check out some pics below and also this music video which showcases some of Austin's local musicians.






No comments:

Post a Comment